Biography / Wiki
Sangeeta Bijlani rose to prominence after winning Miss India in 1980. She also won the National Costume at the Miss Universe Competition the same year.
Soon after its initial success, Bollywood began to promote brands such as Nirma Soap, Nirma Detergents, Graviera Suits, Vicco Turmeric Cream, and others. She made her Bollywood debut in 1988 with the film Qatil and was one of the three female leads in the popular film Tridev (1989).
Height / Weight / Age
Sangeeta was born on 9th July 1965 and turned 56 years old in 2022. She is 170 cm tall and despite her age, she maintains her body weight of around 60 kg. Her body figure measurements are 32-30-32. She is adorned with dark brown eyes and light brown hair.
Sangeeta Bijlani lives a lavish life and is often seen as the talk of the town in Bollywood and the modeling industry. Through her skills in modeling and acting, she has earned an estimated net worth of $1-5 million.
Education / Family
Bijlani did her schooling at Mount Mary Convent High School, Mumbai, India and graduated from M.M.K. College, Mumbai, India. She was born to Motilal Pandey, her father and Poonam Bijlani, her mother. Sangeeta has a brother Sunil Motilal Bijlani. Salman Khan’s personal life has long been the topic of tabloid speculation.
Sangeeta Bijlani was one of his well-known romances. They had been dating for nearly a decade and were even planning to marry. Sangeeta abandoned Bollywood after marrying cricketer Mohammed Azharuddin. She and Salman are still friends today. She and her partner Mohammed Azharuddin, on the other hand, are no longer married.
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Date Of Birth
|9 July 1965
|In centimetres – 170 cm
In feet and inches – 5’7”
|In kilograms -60 kg
In pounds – 132 lbs
|Actress, Model, Producer
|Mount Mary Convent High School, Mumbai, India
|M.M.K. College, Mumbai, India
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Film – Qatil (1988), TV-Chandni (1996)
|Sunil Motilal Bijlani
Career / Fashion And Style
Sangeeta Bijlani started her career as a model and won Miss India & National Costume Award at the Miss Universe competition. In 1988 she made her Bollywood debut with the film “Qatil”. And the following year, she was a cast in the multi-stars film “Tridev”. This film did well at the box office and became popular.
Her famous song “Raat Bar Jhaam Se Jhaam Takrayega” was picturized by Jackie Shroff and her. Both of them are immensely popular through this song. Soon acting career declined at a sharp rate, she did 23 films in 10 years only some of them did well at the box office.
After working for so many years in the industry, she took retirement. Her last film was “Jaganath” which was released in 1997. Besides the silver screen, she also made her appearance on TV with the show “Chandini” which was done well.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
|Mohammad Azharuddin (Divorced)
Here we provide you with a list of Sangeeta Bijlani’s favorite things.
|Favorite Social Media App
Some Interesting Facts About Sangeeta Bijlani
- While in school and college, Sangeeta won many titles like Eagle Queen, Campa Princess, Bombay Harbour, and Jaycees Queen.
- She got the nickname Bijli because of her ramp walk which walks like fire on the ramp.
- She is a successful model but unfortunately an unsuccessful actress.
- Apart from acting, she produced a comedy TV serial like “Kinarey Milte Nahi” on Zee TV and “Hasna Mat” with Kader Khan.
- She has a long relationship with Salman Khan for 10 years before Azharuddin.
- She married Azharuddin in 1996 and took divorce in 2010 due to his extramarital affair with Badminton player Jwala Gutta.
- In 1991, she also worked in the Kannada film “Police Mathu Daada”.
- In 2009, she worked with her husband who was nominated from Moradabad for the Lok Sabha elections.